Who We Are
Choice Merchant Solutions is a fast-growing private equity backed fintech company that enables commerce with our technology. We facilitate payments for traditional brick-and-mortar business as well as provide the payments engine behind some of the fastest growing e-commerce companies. We are a fast-paced scale play in one of the hottest industries. Our culture is both entrepreneurial as well as supportive. Our financial sponsor is one of the most prestigious Silicon Valley based growth equity firms and our mandate is to grow through M&A, exponential organic growth and through hiring the most talented people. We pay competitive salaries along with stock-based compensation. Our employees’ growth is limited only by their desire to advance and work hard. We are ambitious, hard working, energetic, dog-friendly and team oriented.
Who You Are
You are a high energy individual who is passionate about building strong relationships. You are eager to learn as much as you can in the coming few years and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Your mentors would describe you as intelligent, detail-oriented, and resourceful. You can demonstrate positive collaboration and teamwork through past experiences. You don’t need step-by-step directions to complete a task, but instead, spend time and energy building your own solutions. We’re looking for an organized, self-starter to join Choice as the Operations Team Lead as part of the Choice Management Team. As a Team Leader, you’ll work with agents, merchants and our revenue team playing a critical role in delivering against key business objectives. You will create and deliver comprehensive process plans, develop recommendations for improvement, mentor and manage our staff, educate merchants and agents and set appropriate expectations with your deep product knowledge. You are confident, articulate and feel comfortable engaging in thoughtful conversation with agents, merchants and executives regarding technical functionality and industry best practices. Our ideal candidate possesses start-up grit, a desire to uncover and resolve issues, and a discipline in tracking performance. Ideally, they are comfortable with the MS office suite, Slack and are driven by data. We are looking for an individual meticulously organized, able to thoughtfully manage competing priorities and accounts, and is comfortable working under tight deadlines.
The Operations team is comprised of dedicated individuals who care deeply about the success and experience of our merchants and partners. You will lead this growing team and have significant input into hiring and performance management. We are resourceful – when we see something that can be improved, we don’t wait to act. We seize opportunities to learn and grow and are committed to providing a supportive environment. As the team leader, you will manage all aspects of operations team. You will work directly with our senior management and channel partners to ensure the onboarding and maintenance of our customer base is world-class. Your day-to-day will include team management, technical problem solving, boarding, deployment, install and inventory management. You will support the release of our new technical products, lead our technical support team, and work with executive management to scale a rapidly growing fintech business.
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day operations of the business to ensure all phases of merchant boarding, deployment and installation are carried out accurately and efficiently.
- Lead and develop a team of high performing operations specialists.
- Establish team and individual performance goals.
- Developing, implement, and sustain the use of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Job Instructions (JI) and other tools.
- Coordinate the resolution of all boarding related issues.
- Ensure systems are consistently updated with any boarding, deployment and install updates.
- Design and implement an inventory tracking system to optimize inventory control procedures.
- Lead critical business operations initiatives.
- Identify and develop key performance indicators and performance metrics to monitor operational efficiency
- Support cross training initiatives, with the goal of developing staff with ability to step into any cross trained function and performing basic skills needed to assist during busy times and/or resource deficits.
- Generate innovative solutions that will deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness in operations.
- Be willing to work onsite in Hartford, Jacksonville/ Ponte Vedra Beach or Provo, UT.
We are not big on requirements, but you probably have:
- 5+ years of Software/Payments/B2B experience in operations or technical support
- Experience leading and growing a team
- A BA/BS
- An understanding of startup, growth equity stage or face-paced environment and willingness to break through walls
- Strong written and verbal skills and enjoy speaking to teams and executive management
- Exceptional organizational skills and supreme attention-to-detail
- A blended creative and analytical approach to problem-solving
- Familiarity with conventional software – MS Office, Slack and Call Center Technology