Choice Merchant Solutions, a leader in the payment processing industry, is looking for a full-time Technical Support Specialist to join our dynamic Support team headquartered in Hartford, CT.
The Technical Support Specialist serves as a communication bridge between Merchants and the Support team and provides superior customer service 100% of the time. The Technical Support Specialist is an integral part of the support team and builds a positive rapport with Merchants to create trust and gain respect. The specialist coordinates and resolves all technical service-related issues such as software integration and test transactions.
- Oversee the coordination and resolution of all incoming technical service-related issues by phone and email.
- Troubleshoot and follow up with QA on installations to ensure the entire process has been completed exceptionally.
- Assist merchants with daily deposits, batch totals, transaction history, and populating data history.
- Assist merchants with first test transaction, and ensure all info is accurate on receipt.
- Train new merchant on terminal use (running transaction, void/refund transaction, edit tips, daily reports, batching/settling), etc.
- Consistently utilize CRM/Jarvis ticketing system to document all merchant issues or maintenance.
- Perform multiple tasks/navigate multiple systems simultaneously to service the Merchant’s account or troubleshoot their questions and issues.
- Create, update, and follow up on working tickets in our CRM/Jarvis system daily.
- Maintain accurate merchant account information in our systems, and update changes in MES, TSYS, and Jarvis.
- Provide after-hour support for Merchants, Support, Agents, and Relationship Managers 1-2 times per week
- Contribute to a positive team environment, assist peers, and follow department procedures. Present a solid, customer-first attitude with each interaction.
- At least two years of experience working in a forward-facing, customer support role. One year of Merchant Services experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport quickly and to adapt/respond to different Merchant needs.
- Desire to take personal responsibility to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Familiarity with business ERP and CRM systems and practices
- Maintain a positive attitude and work seamlessly in a team-oriented environment.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and able to work independently.
- 3 days of the week work from 8 am to 5 pm; 2 days out of the week, work from 10 am to 7 pm.
- Opportunity to make additional compensation by taking emergency or after-hours calls
About Choice Merchant Solutions:
Choice Merchant Solutions is a provider of integrated merchant services solutions. With an unmatched array of financial service options, our team combines creative thinking with a practical understanding of business development to help payment processing and business funding to fit any business needs. Our goal is to empower merchants to make solid and informed decisions about their financial services.
With headquarters in Hartford, CT, Choice Merchant Solutions has seen substantial growth over the last few years. Our business solutions company now includes three divisions and has exceeded revenue growth by 200% over the past three years. Our company was also ranked four times in a row of Inc. Magazine’s list of the 5,000 fastest-growing U.S. companies.
We have 10+ years of experience in the payment space with multiple offices across the USA.
Primary Location: Hartford, Connecticut